Pages

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

An Art-full Month Was May

Goodness, gracious!  Can you believe it is already JUNE!?  I can NOT!  It seems like only moments ago May was on the horizon, filled to bursting with all the creative wanderlust I had lovingly plotted on my calendar months and months ago.  It also seems like I was away almost as much as I was around for month of May.  I can hear my sweet Grandma, clear as bell, exclaiming "My stars!"


On the Road Again...

It was a grand month, indeed; loaded as it was with the most lovely continuation it what appears to be "The Year of Firsts!"  ...and it was as full of creative happiness as it was 1sts of all kinds!  *I marvel daily at the copious good fortune that laces my days together!*  As it seems that I am geographically removed from virtually all of my endeavors by various fractions of hours, May also included a fair amount of mileage -- what The Man and I refer to as "Windshield Time" (or WT).  In addition to the opportunity to enjoy a good audio book, I welcome WT for the respite it provides from the rush and scurry -- it is a most wonderful time to revel in the visual merriments of greenery & sky, constantly morphing clouds, and the inevitable folly of my fellow human beans as we traverse the byways heading hither and yon.

May began with a much anticipated trip to the most lovely Ocracoke, NC.  After what seemed endless preparation, the actual event was upon us; the resultant triumph of our collective efforts has Jean, Jodi, Theresa, and I still in awe of the wonderment that is ReMe Retreats!  We have hatched a fiendishly fine plot for extending the enjoyment of that magical time, and I have included more info on that a little further on...


Tools of the Trade
...for the traveling book binder
The merry month of May also marked the beginning of my return to Workshop Instruction at Jerry's Artarama in Raleigh for the year.  My offerings this year number FOUR (for complete details, visit the "Where to Find Me" tab, above)!  I really like the fact that our workshops are usually prefaced by a turn at the Try Me Table a week or two before class(es).  I thoroughly enjoyed my stint in Demo Mode prior to this months class.  I love meeting folks as they come into the store, curious about the "live arting" taking place.

My workshop this month was entitled "Long MAY you Wave."  We created kinetic color wheels using the Flag Book form.  It was great fun, and I had the pleasure of meeting new folks who share my love of books; additionally, I was able to enjoy a day with an existing friend who was excited to learn a new thing!  Bonuses abounded as we whiled away the day in an exploration of color, texture, and formation of a dynamic structure.  I do love the process of sharing/teaching!
I had the further good fortune to enjoy part of the weekend with dear friends (along with fantastic dinner and wine) and fellow instructors (for an afternoon of fellowship, food, and creative free play), which all combined to make a fitting end to a month of utter marvelousness!


Standing at the helm of this fresh new month, I am tickled to announce that a Re-Cap of the finest order is now underway!  I hope you will join me along with Jean, Jodi, and Theresa for our Memories of May Blog Hop, as we look back at the wonderments of our very first ReMe Retreat.  Every Monday in the month of June we will take turns sharing our favorite memories, photos, and stories from ReMe - Ocracoke, May '14.  The journey begins on our individual blogs, and continues at the ReMe blog; there we will share the experiences of our Students as they share their favorite memories, photos, and stories from the week.  If all of this doesn't have you looking forward to next Monday, there is more!  Each week will present you with the opportunity to win work from each of us in a prize drawing!  All of the details are available in this weeks post at the ReMe blog.
 

Join us for the Memories of May Blog Hop...every Monday in June!


I'll be back soon with more on all that June has in store.  Until then,

Onward & Upward,








Words of wisdom for today:


"When we give cheerfully
and accept gratefully,
everyone is blessed
."
                                    - Maya Angelou


Photo Notes:
    On the Road & Tools  - taken with my trusty Panasonic LUMIX DMC-ZS1
    Remainder - taken with the Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 
    ReMe Group Shot - by Deborah Belica

6 comments:

  1. You are so full of creative awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, shucks! ;)
      It was GREAT seeing you as part of my artsy weekend! Already looking forward to next time!

      Delete
  2. Dear Penny
    I really enjoyed the Flag Book workshop! Please can you send me the notes on assembling?
    Anita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anita,
      Thanks! It was great meeting you, and I hope that we get to build books together, again :) Check your e-mail -- you should have it, now. If it doesn't show up, holler at me and I'll send it again.

      Delete
  3. Let's try this again (first attempt didn't work). I'm thrilled that you are doing these wonderful retreats. I hope I get to take one someday. Meanwhile, June is just the beginning of a huge life for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Quinn! Thank you for your kind words! You would absolutely LOVE that grand old house -- we'd be thrilled to have you :)
      YES! ...some days I feel like I need to pinch myself! Life is good, indeed.

      Delete

Something to say? I love to receive your comments and observations! * ...oh, OK, any sightings of glaring errors are also welcome ;-) *